E-Learning Course - $599.00 per Seat
Introduction to Balancing Fundamentals
Schenck’s new, virtual and fully interactive, E-Learning course covers the Fundamentals of Balancing as an introduction course to balancing. Weekly sessions will introduce new topics and allow the students to practice their course material on the job before meeting for the next session.
4 Virtual sessions, approximately 2 - 3 hours each, will dive into new and exciting topics, listed below:
- The different types of unbalance (static, dynamic & couple).
- ISO tolerances and terminology
- Industry standard tolerances vs. drawing tolerances
- Machine & rotor setup.
- Instrumentation functions & operation
- Maximizing instrumentation features.
- Selecting the best balancing speed.
- How to avoid interference of measurements due to drive and roller harmonics.
- Proper machine maintenance and troubleshooting.
Who should attend:
This course is intended for newly appointed balancing machine operators (up to 2-3 years) and other personnel directly related to the balancing process. A mechanical aptitude with emphasis on rotating equipment and precision measurements (technician level) or machine shop experience is recommended.