Advanced Jet Engine Balancing
This course provides an in-depth look at jet engine balancing and builds upon the foundation laid in the Fundamentals of Jet Engine Balancing course. This course combines lecture and hands-on instruction focused on the theories behind jet engine balancing.
Jet Engine Process Flow
- Moment weighing
- Static Balancing of rotor stages
- Dynamic balancing of rotor modules
Engine design considerations
- Materials and construction considerations
- Machining tolerances and errors
- Assembly tolerances and errors
- Designs, benefits, repeatability
- Interference fit, hydraulic adapters, diaphragm adapters, collets
- Tolerances, runouts, etc.
- Design considerations
- Rotor configuration, machine capability, rotating vs. non-rotating tooling
- Build stands, lifting tools, balancing tooling, assembly tooling, tool carts, use of hand tools
- PMI rotor simulators
Applications of balancing software
Calibration and performance testing
- How unbalance drives resonance
- Unbalance vs. alignment vs. natural frequency
Who should attend:
With emphasis on jet engine process flow and tooling design considerations, we recommend this course to design engineers and process planners with a background in engineering and completion of a Fundamentals course.
Calculators are recommended