- Fast and precise balancing of turbocharger core assemblies
- Unbalance correction directly in the machine without unclamping
- Direct display of measured values in mg and the exact angular position
- Display of the run-up curve
- Specific adapters with quick clamping system for many turbocharger types available
- Conformance to CE safety concepts
- Single-unit housing for minimum space requirement
- Simple type data selection
- Rotor-specific calibration
- Patended indexing device
- Oil system with oil heating
- Large size and weight range of rotors
Sequence of operationsBalancing:
- After installing the core assembly, closing the compressor cover and the protective enclosure, the measuring run can be started. The balance run is quick and easy. After the measuring run, the determined unbalance is shown directly on the monitor with amount and angle. The operator may then carry out the necessary correction by grinding on the compressor nut with a hand grinder. A final check run shows whether the residual unbalance is within the specification or if a second correction step is necessary.
- For each core assembly type a calibration can be easily performed and stored in the measuring unit CAB 950. The data are then saved and could be opened later at any time.
Range of applicationMeasurement and correction of completed turbocharger core assemblies. The machine is designed specifically for the requirements of a repair or overhaul facility. However, it is also ideal for cost-effective balancing in a research and development facility.
From very small to very big: the range of core assemblies which can be balanced is unique in the market.
DesignIn this single unit balancing machine design, all components are combined in one rugged housing. Therefore the machine requires very little floor space for installation.
The CAB 950 measuring unit with touch screen monitor with the virtual keyboard is specially designed for high-speed balancing. The measured values can be displayed in a vector format or in large, easy-to-read numbers.
The middle part of the machine accommodates the balancing unit with adapter ring, surrounded by an enclosure to protect the operator in the case of a bursting rotor.
|Data at a glance|
|Core assembly weight||[kg]||max. 16|
|Turbine diameter||[mm]||max. 130|
|Compressor wheel diameter||[mm]||max. 153|
|Smallest achievable residual unbalance||[gmm]||0,05|
|Size: Width, depth, height||[mm]||1783 x 730 x 1400|
|Power supply||[V]||230 V ± 10%, 50 Hz|
|Rotor drive||by compressed air (6-10 bar / 1.5" connection)|
|Noise level||[dB]||less than 67 - measured at 168,000 rpm with a master core assembly type GT15|
|Protective cover||To ISO 7475 Class D|
|Painting||2 colour: RAL7035 (light grey), RAL7024 (graphite grey))|
|Measuring unit||CAB 950SmartTouch|
|Options:||Core assembly - specific adapter rings|
|Pneumatic manual grinder correction tool|