- Universally applicable
- High balancing accuracy
- Easy to upgrade through modular construction and a wide range of accessories
- Hard-bearing principle ensures quick change-over from one workpiece to the next
- Measuring instrument CAB 820, optional CAB 920 - the high end solution
- Full range of safety equipment for all protection classes
- Easy to operate – hard-bearing principle eliminates the need for calibration runs
- Provides for correction in two planes or separate correction of static and couple unbalance
- Rotors can be mounted on their original shafts or on mounting arbors, optionally with mounted anti-friction bearings
- Angle indexing display in case of belt drive
- Automatic measuring cycle with infinitely variable settings for acceleration, measuring and braking time
- Upgradeable by many additional modules e.g. for mass correction
Range of applicationUniversal balancing machines series HM are conceived for highly precise balancing of a wide spectrum of rotors. They are suitable for balancing cylindrical rotors with integral shaft journals and for balancing disc shaped rotors on balancing arbors.
Permanent calibration, ergonomic design and a logical operating sequence facilitate operation.
Their modular design principle and a wide range of accessories make the machine highly flexible.
Schenck universal balancing machines series HM are a highly efficient investment both for one-off rotors and for small batches.
Sequence of operations
- Manually load work-piece on the bearing pedestals, close hold-down bearings and connect drive (belt drive or drive shaft)
- Close protection device and start automatic measuring sequence:
- Acceleration, determination and display of the unbalance on the measuring instrument, braking. The readout is retained on the measuring instrument even after the measuring run has ended.
- Open protection device, manually correct unbalance (if required).
- Check correction result (with measuring instrument displaying whether the tolerance has been achieved) and unload the rotor from the machine.
|Technical data at a glance||HM 4||HM 40||HM 5||HM 50|
|Measuring instrument||CAB 820||CAB 820||CAB 820||CAB 820|
|Underslung belt drive BU||•||•|
|Protective device as per ISO 7475||•||•||•||•|
|Diameter, max. 2)||[mm]||1600||1600||1600||1600|
|Bearing distance, max. 2)||[mm]||1750||1750||2000||1980|
|Bearing journal diameter 2)||[mm]||12 - 200||15 - 240||18 - 280||25 - 380|
|Width A 1)||[mm]||3150||3150||4200||4200|
|Depth B 1)||[mm]||2700||2700||3750||3750|
|Height C 1)||[mm]||2000||2000||2000||2000|
|Balancing speed, min.||[min -1]||120||120||120||120|
|Power supply 3)||[V]||400 3)||400 3)||400 3)||400 3)|
|Drive power 2)||[kW]||7,5||7,5||7,5||7,5|
|Sound Pressure Level (with belt drive)||[LpA [dB(A)]]||70 - 80||70 - 80||70 - 80||70 - 80|
|Underslung belt drive BU||Order-Nr.||-||-||R0060203.01||R0060203.01|
|Various roller carriages||o.r.||o.r.||o.r.||o.r.|
|Mass correction system||Order-Nr.||o.r.||o.r.||o.r.||o.r.|
|2) Other data on request|
|3) Main configuration: 3 / PE AC 500Hz 400 V +6 / -10%|
|4) Minimum achievable residual unbalance per balancing plane|
|5) Up to HM10 with protection class C, in all other cases protection class B|
|o.r. On request|