- Universally applicable
- High balancing accuracy
- Easy upgrading through modular structure and a wide range of accessories
- Hard-bearing principle ensures fast change-over
- Measuring instrument CAB 820, optional CAB 920 - the high end solution
- Extensive safety equipment for all protection classes
- Easy to operate – hard-bearing principle eliminates the need for calibration runs
- Provides for correction in two planes or separate according to static and couple unbalance
- Rotors can be mounted on their original shafts or on mounting arbors, optionally with mounted anti-friction bearings
- Angle indexing display in case of belt drive
- Automatic measuring cycle with infinitely variable settings for acceleration, measuring and braking time
- Upgradeable by many additional modules e.g. for mass correction
Range of applicationUniversal balancing machines series HM enable precise balancing of a wide spectrum of rotors. They are suitable for cylindrical rotors having their own shaft journals and for balancing disc shaped rotors on balancing arbors.
Permanent calibration, ergonomic design and a logical operating sequence facilitate operation.
A modular design principle and a wide range of accessories make the machine highly flexible.
Schenck universal balancing machines series HM are a highly efficient investment, both for one-off rotors and for small batches.
Sequence of operations
- Manually load work-piece on the bearing pedestals, close hold-down bearings and connect drive (belt drive or drive shaft).
- Close protection device and start automatic measuring sequence:
- Acceleration, determination and display of the unbalance on the measuring instrument, brake. The readout is retained on the measuring instrument even after the measuring run has ended.
- Open protection device, manually correct unbalance (if required).
- Check correction result (with measuring instrument displaying whether the tolerance has been achieved) and unload the rotor from the machine.
|Technical data at a glance||HM 20||HM 3||HM 30|
|Measuring unit||CAB 820||CAB 820||CAB 820|
|Underslung belt drive BU||•||•||•|
|End drive 2)||•||•|
|Protective device as per ISO 7475 5)||•||•||•|
|Bearing distance, max. 2)||[mm]||1330||1330||1330|
|Bearing journal diameter 2)||[mm]||9 - 140||9 - 140||10 - 160|
|Width A 1)||[mm]||2250||2250||2250|
|Depth B 1)||[mm]||1650||2250||2250|
|Height C 1)||[mm]||2000||2000||2000|
|Balancing speed, min.||[min -1]||120||120||120|
|Power supply 3)||[V]||400 3)||400 3)||400 3)|
|Sound Pressure Level (with belt drive)||[LpA [dB(A)]]||60 - 70||60 - 70||60 - 70|
|Angular roller bearings||•||•||•|
|Overslung belt drive BK||•||•||•|
|Various roller carriages||o.r.||o.r.||o.r.|
|Mass correction system||Order-Nr.||o.r.||o.r.||o.r.|
|2) Other data upon request|
|3) Mains configuration: 3 / PE AC 500Hz 400 V +6 / -10%|
|4) Minimum achievable residual anbalance per balancing plane|
|5) Up to HM 10 with protection class C, in all other cases protection class B|
|o.r. On request|