Summary: Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
- Commissions, calibrates and services new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintains records of performance reports and related documentation.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Associates Degree in technical discipline, (B.S. preferred) plus 5+ years of experience in automotive or machine tool manufacturing environment (fluid fill and end of line); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens S7 PLC and C+
- Strong electrical, mechanical and pneumatic skills in machine tool and test
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with customers and suppliers
- Must be able to travel up to 90% of the time, including some international travel
- Must be available for extensive overtime, sometimes on short notice