Summary: Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties.
- Commissions, calibrates and services new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintains records of performance reports and related documentation.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Associates Degree in technical discipline, (B.S. preferred) plus 5+ years of experience in automotive or machine tool manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens S7 PLC and C+
- Strong electrical, mechanical and pneumatic skills in machine tool and test
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with customers and suppliers
- Must be able to travel up to 90% of the time, including some international travel
- Must be available for extensive overtime, sometimes on short notice
Summary: Develops concepts, designs, implements, and documents engineering solutions for various engineering tests for our customers, and the company’s products (industrial machines, such as spin pits and balancing machines). Provides technical support to resolve internal and in-field issues. Supports sales team on business development efforts.
- Consults and collaborates development of an engineering and spin test solution, executing accordingly to customer specifications.
- Prepares product or system layout, detailed drawings, schematics and ECN’s.
- Coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype products or systems.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test and research data to establish performance standards and determine designs for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Interfaces effectively with vendors and appropriate internal personnel on various technical design modifications and requirement issues.
- Project management & timely delivery of the results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace or Robotics preferred).
- 3-5 years of experience in designing industrial machines. Experience in high speed rotating machinery favorable.
- Experience with pneumatics, tooling, machining process, hydraulics, stress analysis, and engineering calculations. Having hands-on experience in engineering tests is favorable.
- Manufacturing/industrial experience helpful, as well as experience with tooling design, dynamics, and knowledge of materials.
- Proficiency CAD software, SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience with detailing/drafting based on ASME Y14.5-2009 engineering standards.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong communication skills.
- Exposure to balancing helpful.
- Available to travel (up to 20%) required, sometimes international.
- Must be a US citizen or green-card holder.
- Handle customer spare parts inquiries and orders courteously and promptly.
- Coordinate spare parts inventory.
- Research machine history and drawings for spare parts quotes.
- Process parts orders in SAP, including shipping.
- Maintain contact w/ customers and expedite orders as necessary.
- Coordinate spare parts markup and sales pricing within company guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or GED.
- 2-4 years of practical experience in machine parts sales, customer service and/or resource planning, preferably in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret machine parts drawings and bills of material.
- Strong PC skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word; must be able to learn SAP.
- Must possess good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in high volume, fast pace environment.
Summary: Serves as technical expert for the engineering and application of rotor balancing solutions and the development of relevant processes to ensure that customer rotor balancing needs are met.
- Designs and/or procures balancing tooling and specialized fixtures.
- Defines quality standards and operational processes.
- Operates and maintains precision balancing machines and equipment.
- Consults with customers and engineering team on related rotor balancing and rotor dynamic issues.
- Plans and performs detailed inspection of parts with respect to balancing by using appropriate tools.
- Stays abreast of cutting-edge balancing techniques, equipment and engineering methods.
- Trains technicians and other personnel in the balancing operation.
- Associates Degree in technical discipline, plus 3-5 years of related industrial experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical skills, including 3-5 years of experience in mechanical inspection and use of micrometers, and calipers.
- Must be able to read and prepare engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Basic knowledge of statistical and probabilistic analyses, rotor dynamics and structural engineering.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the use of fork lift, cranes, loading fixtures and other handling equipment.
- Strong computer skills including CAD software, SolidWorks preferred; Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of ISO 9001.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Experience with balancing and manual machining is a plus.